I am a pediatrician at the St. Lukes Pediatric Care Center and a part-time pediatric hospitalist at St. Lukes Hospital in Chesterfield, Missouri and the resident hacker. So all computer questions end up on my desk, and I've done a few projects to make life easier for all of us. Some of them may be useful to others:
- Medication Guide
- A spreadsheet for calculating weight-and-age-based doses for our most commonly used medications
- Bilirubin Graph
- A version of the bilirubin graph that creates a PDF suitable for printing and including in a paper chart.
- Firstnet Guide
- An introduction to using Firstnet, the EMR used in our ER
- WebPINS Clindoc Guide
- An introduction to using Clindoc and WebPINS, the home-grown EMR used on the floors
- Order sheets: standardized orders in fillable PDF's; someday we'll get real CPOE!
- general admission
- febrile infant