Archive for October 25th, 2011

Update: I no longer (2012-08-05) use Chili, so this bug isn't relevant

Update: I haven't figured it out, but I did get a workaround. The bug is that any unmatched end of text leads to deleted characters in the middle of the text, so I added a line $[recipeName]._main.endoftext = {_match: /$/}; to the downloadRecipe method, and now the bug doesn't show up.

I'm running Firefox 7.0.1 and I'm coming across a very strange bug in my syntax highlighter, chili. It doesn't show up with any other browser (and I can't try older Firefox versions, with the auto-updating). I'm still working out the details, but it's erasing all the code from a string to 2 characters from the end. Thus:


If you don't see a problem, great. If you do, switch to a different browser. Or figure out what's going on and let me know. Continue reading ‘Weird bug with chili and Firefox’ »